An officer serving in the U. S. Army of the 1940s was not issued much in the way of clothing. Officers received a clothing allowance stipend as part of their monthly pay and this was to be used to privately purchase uniforms from the base clothing store or quartermaster, off-base commercial shops or to engage a tailor for custom making of one’s uniform. During the height of World War II, dozens of American commercial clothing manufacturers produced officer-grade dress shirts for purchase. All of these shirts had to meet a standard specification accepted by the U. S. Army, hence the term 'Regulation' Army Officers' Shirts. But where there was latitude in the standard regulation, such as the specific shape of pocket flaps, box stitch applied to shoulder epaulets or configuration of collar closure, the commercial uniform makers each had their own design. The Jackson Raymond Company was one of the finest officer-grade shirt manufacturers of that era, producing a smart-looking fit and design called the 'Rangoon.’ The quality of the materials, sewing detailing and workmanship of an original vintage ‘Rangoon’ is truly superb, and our reproduction is the perfect copy. Officers had four color choices available for shirts: Khaki Shade 1, Drab Shade 54 (pink), Olive Drab shade 51 and enlisted ranks’ Olive Drab Shade 18. Our copy of the ‘Rangoon’ is available in Olive Drab shade 51 or Drab Shade 54 (pink). From the satin-lined yoke to the fine gabardine, these shirts are so accurate you'll think you’ve stepped back into a 1940’s military post exchange. Dress like a true West Pointer with one of these and just look sharp! Check out these authentic features:
• Copy of original maker’s label design produced on a vintage shuttle loom
• Custom manufacturing of authentic 1940s-spec. two-ply, four-season, 12-ounce 100% worsted-wool gabardine, not a cheap and inaccurate poly-wool blend
• Neck tie in contrasting shade comes with your shirt purchase (“Pink” Drab Shade 54 shirts have OD shade 51 neck ties, and OD Shade 51 shirts have “Pink” Drab Shade 54 neck ties)
• Custom manufacturing of authentic satin rayon lining for neck/yoke area • Authentic two-button tab collar with collar stand design for durability and a sharper appearance
• Hidden pencil slot in left breast pocket
• Placket-front construction • Two-button cuffs with form-fit third button on forearm slit opening
• Form-fitted tapered body, exactly as found on the original vintage ‘Rangoon’
• Deep gull-wing scallops on pocket flaps, exactly duplicating the original vintage ‘Rangoon’ design
• Button-down epaulets exactly duplicating the stitching and design shape of the original vintage ‘Rangoon’
• Exact copy of button color and style found on the original vintage ‘Rangoon’
• 100% cotton-thread assembly Imported Sizing is traditional, listed by neck measure first, then sleeve.
Please see our SIZING TIPS for advice on how to get the correct fit.
Gift Certificates Available
U. S. customs duty,
processing fees, currency-
conversion fees and
shipping & insurance from
the manufacturer to the USA.
Click for Information and Photos