Eschew the soccer-mom look and grab something that actually fits well and is made of high-quality fabric meant to hold up over years of wear and laundering!
Buzz Rickson's premium, vintage-style, all-cotton athletic sweatpants are made from medium-weight, 100% cotton fabricated on 1920's-vintage loop-wheeling machines, styled with all the correct features found on the old sweatpants and cut to hug the body in a flattering form without bulk, just as the vintage originals did. Limited quantities available. Take note of these authentic vintage styling features:
- Custom manufacturing of the medium-weight, all-cotton fleece fabricated on vintage loop-wheeling looms
- Vintage wash
- USAF Langley Air Force Base logo silk screened to the left upper thigh in a muted, non-plastisol ink to duplicate the look and feel of vintage ink types
- One side-entry pocket per leg
- Heavy-weight, all-cotton draw ties at each cuff opening and waist
- Exact copy of the original-style rayon-on-cotton labels
- True vintage fit for flattering appearance, not a sloppy, relaxed fit with saggy rear and baggy legs
A note on loop-wheeling looms:
Loop-wheeling looms are special machines that were once common decades ago and able to weave even rows of small loops of yarn on the inner fabric side rather than the typical fleece we see on contemporary sweatshirt and pant interiors that have much more of a solid, flat appearance. These old looms also can only weave one set diameter per loom; this means the factory needs a different loom for each size - very expensive - which is why you hardly ever see true tube construction in modern-day garments. Tube construction ensures true shape is maintained, not only during its construction, but during its life of wear. This is the proper way to make a sweatshirt; in the good old days, the proper way was the only way. It's cheap and easy to make shirts from a flat piece of cloth and most customers would never notice the difference, though they may wonder why their not-so-cheap sweatshirt seemed to lose its shape after only a few washes - but now you know.
Sizes: Small, Medium, Large. Please see our SIZING TIPS for advice on how to get the correct fit.
Imported from Japan
Click for Information and Photos