Summer Blowout Clearance Sale - Regular price $175.00, now sold at our TRUE cost of $100.00 to make way for fall/winter items - This is as good as it gets for buyers!!!
These low-top basketball shoes (sneakers) were a true item of athletic issue for U. S. Army basketball players in the 1970's, but produced in white and never in camouflage. The designers at Buzz Rickson's decided to reproduce these sneakers in exacting form utilizing their amazing "Golden" tiger-stripe camouflage all-cotton twill, resulting in a unique, stylish, cool-as-hell sneaker that marries design authenticity and fabrication in a limited-production offering.
Fabrication is completely performed in Japan by hand at one of Japan's last-remaining factories (there are only two left) that still produce classic sneakers using the old machinery with true vulcanization of the rubber parts. So great is the worldwide demand for old-world quality, vintage-style sneakers made on vintage machinery, that these last two factories are booked solid for no less than two years before they can even generate a sample!
Tiger-stripe camouflage was deemed the "stuff' during the Vietnam War, any it was highly desirable back then just for informal wear as a status symbol; now it's considered an icon of style, far transcending its original military application. Rock a pair of these limited-run, vintage-style sneakers while they last!
Please note these authentic features of quality and workmanship found only vintage sneakers and those produced using the highest production standards today in conjunction with vintage machinery:
- All-cotton twill uppers produced on vintage shuttle looms (just like in the 1960's and '70's) and authentically dyed and printed in the highly sought-after "Golden" tiger-stripe camouflage pattern made famous by U. S. special forces during the Vietnam War
- Steel eyelets lacquered black
- Natural rubber sole vulcanized in place
- All-cotton laces
- Double-stitched stress points
- Taped heel seam in olive green all-cotton canvas for extra strength
- Fully lined in all-cotton canvas
- Reinforced heel
- Reinforced toe
- Exact reproduction of the issue style, including mid-sole glue markings, a testament to the use of vintage production techniques
- Original-style military shoe box
Sizes available: 7 -10 in half sizes. Please see our SIZING TIPS for advice on how to get the correct fit.
Hand made in Japan
Click for Information and Photos