Sugar Cane vintage-style shirts are for those who can appreciate the myriad of nuances and character found in the finest single-malt scotch, the clearest, most-colorless diamond or hand-crafted, centuries-old Persian rug. Nothing like this has been offered since the "good old days" of the 1930's - 1950's when clothing had to last by necessity. One look and you will be immediately transported back to an era when America was the unquestioned king of goods synonymous with top quality and durability.
This is rugged and stylish American history at its best, and it is also going to look fabulous when worn because it is cut to flatter the body, unlike the ultra-loose styles so often encountered everywhere today. This shirt is extremely special and will be most appreciated by the hardcore, vintage enthusiast, being crafted from a hard-wearing, unwashed, raw cotton-covert selvage fabric with random flecks of off-white and woven on vintage shuttle looms. Quantities are very limited.
Take note of these authentic features and details found only on a premium vintage-style shirt of this pedigree:
- Placket-front closure
- Open-top pockets with bar tacked corners for extra strength
- Collar stand for crisper appearance
- Double-stitching and rolled seams
- Reinforced shoulder yoke for greater durability at this crucial abrasion area
- Custom manufacturing of genuine urea buttons
- Custom manufacturing of a cotton-covert selvage fabric in the unwashed raw stage using vintage shuttle looms
- Chain-stitch runoff with selvage gusset at shirttail scallop edge
- All-cotton thread employed in construction, with red all-cotton thread employed in sewing interior seams
- Exact copy of the original-style rayon-on-cotton labels
- True vintage fit for flattering appearance, not sloppy, relaxed fit with droopy shoulder seams
Please note: The fabric is made of unwashed, lightly Sanforized fabric and will still shrink a bit after washing depending on how you launder this garment. After normal washing in cool water and line drying, expected shrinkage should be about 2% overall; drying in an electric dryer with heat could increase shrinkage and is not endorsed by the manufacturer.
Please see our SIZING TIPS for advice on how to get the correct fit.
Imported from Japan
Click for Information and Photos